Code Climate empowers software engineering organizations to achieve excellence across people, process, and code with data-driven insights. Our Engineering intelligence products are trusted by thousands of organizations- from enterprises to startups - helping align engineering initiatives with strategic priorities, accelerate software delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity. Velocity enables technology leaders to make confident, data-driven decisions that fuel elite team performances at scale.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for implementation, onboarding and providing Technical Services to our customers and prospects. The successful candidate will leverage a consultative methodology to accelerate onboarding, deliver value added services and minimize time to initial value. In consequence, enabling customers to transform their SDLC and CI/CD processes using Code Climate products. As Code Climate continues to grow, we are looking for a dynamic team player, a creative thinker who has fun tackling complex problems at scale, and a strong relationship builder who thrives in a fast paced environment.
Examples of Problems You’ll Be Solving:
- Provide technical leadership during pre-sales cycle -- work closely with Sales teams to discover customer’s business and technical SDLC processes, understand key challenges and pain-points, and provide technical services to demonstrate and highlight Code Climate Velocity value.
- Lead consultative discovery conversations to define POC success criteria with our prospects and onboarding success criteria with our customers to ensure the successful evaluation, deployment and onboarding of Code Climate products.
- Define and deliver the initial customer experience post sales and partner with CSMs to drive the strategy & execution of launching Code Climate Velocity at new customer accounts.
- Deliver targeted training and enablement programs to enable rapid evaluation during pre-sales and accelerate initial onboarding and drive adoption during post-sales
- Work closely with Sales, Product, Engineering, Support and Customer Success teams to ensure all needs of our customer are being addressed in a way that demonstrate we are a trusted advisor to the customer.
You’re Awesome Because:
- You have 3 to 6 years of relevant work experience.
- You have the ability to build and cultivate relationships across business and technical stakeholders
- You have Pre-sales or Post-sales experience working in a SaaS software company.
- You have experience in SDLC processes including Agile and CI/CD methodologies.
- You have basic proficiency with GitHub or GitLab and Jira.
- You are comfortable working in high velocity environments and dealing with ambiguity.
- You have the ability to manage horizontally and vertically across internal and customer organizations.
- You have experience navigating vast organizations across multiple stakeholders cross functionally.
- Experience in software development and/or DevOps.
- Experience delivering consultative engagements at a consultancy.
Working at Code Climate
- New York-headquartered startup with a hybrid working environment.
- Fast paced, high growth, start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.